At Kuraby State School we are proud of our focus on academic excellence, first class facilities, caring environment and our highly professional and supportive staff.
The school has wonderful facilities, including a modern administration/conference building, a large multi-purpose hall, community meeting room, whole class music room, expansive ovals for major sports, tennis/basketball court, adventure playgrounds and air-conditioned classrooms.
Kuraby State School was opened in 1928 and is situated within bushland surrounds. The school has beautifully landscaped grounds and well maintained sporting facilities.
The school offers opportunities to everyone in the school community.
Kuraby fast facts
- Kuraby is the Indigenous term for a place of many springs.
- Unique Prep-Year 6 primary school in the most multicultural electorate in QLD.
- Highly-skilled and dedicated staff.
- Quality teaching and learning.
- Engaging classrooms.
- Promoting harmony and celebrating diversity.
Our student body represents:
- 411 students
- 48 countries, 42 languages spoken
- 75% born in Australia
- 67% speak English as a second language
- 2% Indigenous
- 100% NAPLAN attendance
- 94% average attendance